Second Monday of each month
Vanport Township Municipal Building
It is up to each resident of Vanport to maintain their own sidewalks so please keep sidewalks swept and free of rocks and debris.
The Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection has issued Vanport Township an NPDES General Permit for Stormwater Discharges from its small Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4). The Township MS4 system is inclusive of inlets, catch basins, storm sewers pipes, swales, and stormwater detention facilities, among many other facilities that collect, convey or manage stormwater. The MS4 Permit regulates discharges from the Township MS4 to the Waters of the Commonwealth with the intent of reducing the discharge of pollutants and increasing water quality to the maximum extent practicable. To comply with the requirements of the Permit, the Township must implement a plan to address the following six Minimum Control Measures (MCMs):
- MCM 1 – Public Education and Outreach
- MCM 2 – Public Participation and Involvement
- MCM 3 – Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination
- MCM 4 – Construction Site Runoff Control
- MCM 5 – Post-Construction Storm Water Management in New Development and Redevelopment
- MCM 6 – Pollution Prevention/Good Housekeeping
Residents Roles in Helping to Prevent Stream Pollution
Township residents can help reduce the discharge of pollutants to the streams and protect water quality by doing the following:
- Never dump anything besides stormwater into a storm drain, inlet, swale or stream. Dumping in these areas is an Illicit Discharge and is a violation of the Township Prohibited Discharge Ordinance.
- Report Illicit Discharges. If you observe anyone dumping anything into the MS4 system, or notice a non-stormwater discharge entering the MS4 or a stream, immediately notify the Township at (724) 774-6420.
- Pick up and properly dispose of pet waste. Pet waste should never be disposed of in a storm drains, inlet, catch basin or stream.
- Wash vehicles such that wash water does not enter the MS4. Wash vehicle in lawn or gravel areas, or take them to commercial car washes.
- Recycle or properly dispose of hazardous materials including paints, used oil and chemical.
- Pick up litter, debris or garbage from yard, sidewalks, driveways and other areas so that it is not washed into a storm drain.
The last day for leaf pick-up for Vanport Township residents is Monday, November 27, 2017 and
The last day for residents to use the brush bin for the winter is Wednesday, November 29, 2017
Before anyone can solicit door to door in Vanport Township they must obtain an permit application through the Vanport Township Secretary’s Office located at 477 State Avenue, Vanport, PA – 724/774-6420. Violators soliciting without an approved permit will be prosecuted.
The Vanport Township Board of Commissioners would like to warn the residents of Vanport Township in reference to door-to-door solicitation for gas and electric providers.
People claiming to be representatives are requesting to have access to the resident’s gas and electric bills. DO NOT provide any information to anyone who comes to your door.
Any company or person selling anything door-to-door needs to have an approved soliciting permit issued by the Township in their possession.
Please report any incidents to the Vanport Township Municipal Building at 724-774-6420 or the Beaver Police Department at their non-emergency number 724-775-0880.